On Friday October 12th, 2018, we set up the Selah Sweets Food Trailer at the Central Washington Agricultural Museum in Union Gap for the Plowing Bee.
The event ran Saturday and Sunday. There were plowing and other demonstrations, horse drawn wagon rides, a tack sale, tractor games, and great food.
The weather was nice both days so many came out and had fun.
We plan to come back next year.
About the event
Come see the Plowing Bee at the Central Washington Ag Museum the weekend of October 13-14. Horse drawn plows will demonstrate their power on both days. Come see these magnificent horses take us back to yesteryear! In addition, there will be horse drawn Carriage Rides and the Central WA Ag Museum will be giving tram tours with some exhibits open.
Admission is free, but donations are greatly appreciated. Your donation allows us to continue to put on events like this.
On Friday October 5th, 2018, we headed to Leavenworth to set up the Selah Sweets trailer for the PNW Dual Sport Summer Closer at the Lake Wenatchee Recreation Club.
Saturday and Sunday we served pancakes in the morning, shaved ice and other snacks in the afternoons.
We met a lot of cool people and had a lot of fun camping there with them.
Sunday afternoon we headed to Plain to have lunch with some friends. After lunch we traveled back home to Selah.
About the event from PNW Dual Sport
The 2nd annual Summer Closer!
We have reserved the Lake Wenatchee Recreation Club, a privately owned campsite at Lake Wenatchee, settled in a very beautiful part of the North Cascades in Washington.
As always: Tent/bike camping, group rides, prize giveaways, entry in our scavenger hunt and other games, and much more are all included in your GA ticket. If you are riding your bike to the event, these will be allowed in the camping area and may be parked with your tent/hammock/etc. Anyone with a GA ticket may also bring a truck or car, with or without a small trailer, that you are not camping in/on.
– Scavenger Hunt: On Saturday morning, each participant will receive a map, marked with many locations throuhout the Lake Wenatchee area. Each location will be worth a different number of points. You will have a full day to ride and collect the secret code at each location and add it to your map. At the end of the day, you will receive as many raffle tickets as you have points. These raffle tickets will be used to enter to win prizes of all kinds, and you can choose what prizes to invest your tickets in!
– Group Rides: We will have many different group rides to choose from on Friday and Saturday, each one led by a different person or group. Each ride will vary by schedule, speed, difficulty, route, etc.
– Games: In camp, we will have an assortment of moto games throughout the weekend.
– Prize Giveaway: Saturday night we will have a prize giveaway, separate from the Scavenger Hunt. Each attendee will receive a raffle ticket for this drawing.
– Demo Rides: Come out and try out some new bikes!
Here are some photos of the PNW Dual Sport Summer Closer:
Shaved ice, Fudge, and custom ordered snacks.
Yakima Valley Hop Snacks.
Vending, Catering, & Concessions.
On Saturday September 29th, 2018, in Downtown Yakima, we set up the Selah Sweets catering table in the VIP area. We bought 700 of our Yakima Valley Hop Snacks, Hop Lemon Mini-cupcakes to serve in the VIP area.
The VIP area opened at 4 PM. We were busy serving cupcakes and fighting the wind from blowing everything on the table away. The wind did help cool things down since it was hot the fist few hours we were there.
I was not able to get as many photos as I would have liked due to it was close to dark when I was able to leave the catering table. I made it around one lap missing a lot of things. next time I hope to get photos earlier in the day.
The place was packed with many people having a good time. This event has grown since I was last there in 2011. It was a great time.
The Fresh Hop Ale Festival is a non-profit organization whose goal is to present one of the country’s top 10 beer festivals, celebrate the Yakima Valley’s hops, and support Yakima county based arts and science organizations.
Join us for the 16th annual Fresh Hop Ale Festival – the Yakima Valley’s premier celebration of our hop and craft beer industries.
Saturday, September 29 | 5 – 10 pm | Downtown Yakima, Millennium Plaza
60+ Breweries // Wine & Cider // Local Food Vendors // Live Music // Best Dressed Contest & More!